Accessing the Outlook integration · 0:15
To open the Outlook integration panel:
- Click the Outlook icon in the right hand navigation panel
- Use the Keyboard Shortcut
- Use the Command Palette
CMD+Kto search for Outlook
Browsing your Outlook emails · 0:26
Use folders, focus, and filters to view the relevant set of emails you wish to browse and import into Sunsama.
Select which folder you want to view the emails of.
Click on the focus to toggle between your All, Focused, and Other views in Outlook.
Use filters to narrow the set of emails you wish to see. Select one of the following to view those emails:
- Attachments - shows emails that contain an attachment in the email thread
- Already imported into Sunsama
Importing tasks · 1:52
When you import an email from Outlook into Sunsama, the newly created Sunsama task’s title will be the subject of the email. There are three ways to import from the Outlook integration:
- Drag and drop the task from the Outlook panel into your Sunsama task list.
- Click on the email in the Outlook panel and click “Add to today” or select a specific date for the task.
- To timebox the task directly, switch to calendar view (keyboard shortcut
tab) and drag and drop the Outlook email directly onto your Sunsama calendar at the time you plan to work on it. This will add the task to that day in Sunsama and create a working session on your calendar.
If you get email notifications for a tool that is not currently integrated with Sunsama, consider stitching together a homemade version of an integration for that tool via the Outlook email integration.
Refer to this guide on how to do that, and simply replace "Notion notifications" with any other applicable tool.
Updated 3 months ago