If you want to use Sunsama with another person, or you want to add all the Sunsama users in your company under one account, you’ll want to set up a shared workspace. Here is how to set up a shared workspace:
- One person should pick the role of admin, this is the person who will be responsible for the billing information of the shared workspace.
- The admin should send invites to each person they want in the workspace. Invites can be sent individually or via link.
- The admin will be prompted to set your workspace as "Collaborative" or "Private". If you want to share tasks, pick "Collaborative". If you want everyone to have their own private Sunsama but need to aggregate billing, pick "Private". See more on these two types of workspaces below.
- Each person should accept the invite (delivered via email).
- Before proceeding and joining the workspace, the invitee will be shown two options if they already have a Sunsama account. If the invitee wants to only have one Sunsama in the workspace they are joining, they should choose the "Recommended" option: "No. I want a single workspace".
A shared private workspace is useful if you want to aggregate billing to one person or account. In a private workspace, every user will have their own private Sunsama, and there is no collaboration and no information is visible to another user.
A collaborative workspace is useful if you want to share and view each other's tasks. Billing is likewise aggregated to one account.
In the left hand panel, you will see a list of your teammates. Click on them to show their task lists in your kanban.
In a collaborative workspace, the following are visible to your teammates:
- tasks assigned to a non private context or channel
- Non private contexts and channels
- meeting notes and notes on tasks in non private channels
The following are private, and not visible to your teammates in a collaborative workspace:
- tasks assigned to a private context or channel
- private contexts and channels
- your calendars and Sunsama calendar view
- weekly objectives
Teammates’ calendars or calendar view are never visible or shared in a collaborative workspace.
If you want to be able to view a teammate’s calendar, they should share that calendar with you in their underlying Google or Outlook calendar. Then you can view it in your own calendar view.
In a collaborative workspace, you can view and manage tasks with teammates.
To assign a task to a teammate:
- click “add a task” at the top of their task list.
- drag a task into their task list.
You are also able to add notes and comments to a teammate’s tasks.
Updated 15 days ago