This article will show you how to browse your ClickUp spaces, folders, lists and tasks so that you can find the tasks you need while planning your day.
Accessing the ClickUp integration · 0:15
To open the ClickUp panel:
- Click the ClickUp icon in the right hand navigation panel
- Use the Command Palette to search for ClickUp
- Use the Keyboard Shortcuts for opening ClickUp (
Once you are inside the ClickUp panel, there are two sub-panels: "ClickUp" and "Automations". Click on ClickUp at the top to view your boards and cards.
Selecting a ClickUp workspace · 0:55
Inside the ClickUp integration, click on your user icon, then change workspaces. You'll be able to switch to any workspace under that ClickUp account.
Browsing ClickUp spaces, folders, and lists · 1:05
Sunsama gives you access to all of the ClickUp spaces, folders, and lists visible under the currently selected ClickUp workspace. To view items in different workspaces, you'll need to change workspaces from your avatar icon.
Click the main board dropdown to see a list of your spaces, folders, and lists organized a kin to ClickUp's left hand navigation panel.
Using the "Home" view · 1:36
From the main dropdown, you can select the "Home" view. This view mirrors your "Home" view in ClickUp and shows you tasks assigned to your ordered by due date.
View task details · 1:54
Sunsama provides a rich preview of each of your ClickUp tasks so you can decide which tasks you need to work on today without needing to leave Sunsama.
Click on any card to see a detailed preview of the ClickUp task.
Importing tasks · 2:22
When you are ready to commit to working on a certain ClickUp task, you can pull into your plan in Sunsama. There are three ways to pull a ClickUp task into Sunsama:
- Drag and drop the card from the ClickUp panel onto your Sunsama task list.
- Drag and drop the card from ClickUp panel onto your Sunsama calendar, this will add a task to that day in Sunsama and block off time on your calendar.
- From the ClickUp card preview, click "Add to today" or pick a specific date for the card.
Sorting tasks · 3:39
Click the "Sort" button to see sorting options. You can sort by: date created, date updated and due date.
Filtering by assignee · 3:46
If you want to see just the tasks assigned to you, click the "Me" toggle. When highlighted, you'll only see tasks assigned to you.
If you wan to see tasks assigned to certain ClickUp teammates, click the "teammates" icon and select the teammates you want to see.
These filter options are never visible in the ClickUp "Home" view which only show you your tasks by definition.
Hiding or showing previously imported tasks · 4:12
By default, when you drag a task from ClickUp into Sunsama, that task is hidden in the right hand panel. This allows you to easily keep track of what cards still need to be pulled in.
If you want to see ClickUp tasks that have been previously pulled into Sunsama, click the menu button that says "Filter" and toggle on "Already imported".
If you want to hide ClickUp tasks that have been previously pulled into Sunsama, click the menu button that says "Filter" and toggle off "Already imported".
- As you plan each day, pull in just the few ClickUp tasks you actually want to work on. Don't try and pull in all of your ClickUp tasks.
- If your ClickUp tasks encapsulate a large portion of work, you can add subtasks to the Sunsama task and track your progress on the task across days. Learn more about dealing with multi-day tasks here.
- Configure your Keep ClickUp in sync via Automations to make sure your actions in Sunsama keep your ClickUp tasks in-sync and your actions in ClickUp keep Sunsama up to date.
Updated 11 months ago