The "Workspace" view or "Kanban" view is the primary interface you'll see inside of Sunsama each day. From this view, you can take all of actions you might take during Daily Planning or Today View without any of the same guidance.
The workspace view has three major components:
- Left hand selection panel: From here you can control the calendars, teammates, channels that are visible. You can also change the date range in view.
- Center panel primary view: This can show your tasks or calendars.
- Right hand panel secondary view: This can show your tasks, calendars, integrations or objectives.
This is the main navigation panel inside your workspace. When you change calendars, contexts, teammates, or dates here, it will change what you'll see in the other two panels.
Since you won't be changing these values much throughout the day, you can use the collapse arrow in the top left corner of the center panel to hide this panel.
Main Menu · 0:54
Sunsama's main menu is available by clicking "Sunsama" in the top left hand corner.
Calendar mini-map · 1:20
The calendar mini-map allows you to see the current date in view and also change it. If you need to move your kanban or calendar to a specific date, this is the best way to do it.
Channel/Context selector · 1:46
The channel and context selector lets you filter down the tasks and objectives in view to a specific channel or context.
- The top header "Channels" allows you to navigate to your channel and context management page.
- Clicking on the header for a specific context will collapse it's channels from view.
- Calendar events are never filtered by channel inside the calendar view.
Team section · 2:14
If you are in a collaborative workspace and have teammates in your workspace, you'll see a team section.
- Click on "Teammates" to invite more teammates
- Click on teammates to toggle their task columns on and off.
Shiftwhen you click on a teammate to toggle just that teammate into view.
Calendar section · 2:46
The calendar section shows all of your integrated calendar accounts.
- Click on "Calendars" or any of the account names to go to your Calendar management page
- The first section of calendars is always your primary account's calendar, that is, the calendar you log into Sunsama with.
- Click on any calendar to select it.
Shiftwhen you click to toggle only that calendar into view.
- The caret on each calendar item allows you to edit, hide, change the color, and select that calendar.
The center panel or primary view lets you see your tasks or calendars across a fairly large timespan.
Top row · 3:25
The top row gives you the ability to:
- Collapse the left panel
- Click "Today" to lock today into view
- Toggle whether tasks or calendars are shown in the main panel
In the body of the main panel, you'll either see your tasks in a "Kanban View" or your calendar in a standard calendar view.
Kanban View · 4:16
When you are in the Kanban view, you can:
- Scroll left and right to change the date in view
- Click on the header at the top of a day's column to lock that day into view
- Access the "Plan" and "Reflect" rituals for a certain day from the day's header
- Create a task for a specific day
Calendar view · 5:20
When you are in the calendar view, you can:
- Change the number of days in view
- Navigate weeks from the left/right arrows in the top panel
- Click on a day's header to lock that day and it's tasks into view
The right hand panel is your secondary view, it allows you to see your calendar side by side with your tasks, or your emails or objectives side by side with your calendar.
The date in view in the right hand panel is always determined by the calendar mini-map and what's visible in the primary view.
If you need to hide the right panel, you can collapse it with the
The right hand panel supports a variety of integrations and features. You can follow the links below to learn about each of those.
- Weekly Objectives
- Integrations: Asana, ClickUp, Jira, Trello, Github, Todoist, Notion, Gmail, and Outlook Email
- If you are seeing the wrong day in the right hand panel or the wrong week's objectives, check your mini-map.
- If you timebox your tasks, we recommend increasing the zoom level of your calendar from the right hand panel.
- Use Keyboard Driven Actions to navigate your workspace view faster.
Updated 7 months ago