This article will show you how to browse your Todoist projects, labels, filters and tasks so that you can find the tasks you need to plan out your day.
Accessing the Todoist integration · 0:10
To open the Todoist panel:
- Click the Todoist icon in the right hand navigation panel
- Use the Command Palette to search for Todoist
- Use the Keyboard Shortcuts for opening Todoist (
Browsing Todoist projects, tags, and filters · 0:29
Sunsama gives you access to all of the Todoist projects, tags, and filters. This mirrors what you'd see in Todoist's left hand navigation panel.
Using the "Inbox" and "Today" views · 1:00
From the main dropdown, you can select the "Inbox" and "Today" views. These views mirrors your "Inbox" and "Today" view in Todoist. For most people, this is the easiest way to find your most relevant tasks.
View task details · 1:54
Sunsama provides a rich preview of each of your Todoist tasks so you can decide which tasks you need to work on today without needing to leave Sunsama.
Click on any card to see a detailed preview of the Todoist task.
Importing tasks · 1:23
When you are ready to commit to working on a certain Todoist task, you can pull into your plan in Sunsama. There are three ways to pull a Todoist task into Sunsama:
- Drag and drop the card from the Todoist panel onto your Sunsama task list.
- Drag and drop the card from Todoist panel onto your Sunsama calendar, this will add a task to that day in Sunsama and block off time on your calendar.
- From the Todoist card preview, click "Add to today" or pick a specific date for the card.
Hiding or showing previously imported tasks · 2:37
By default, when you drag a task from Todoist into Sunsama, that task is hidden in the right hand panel. This allows you to easily keep track of what cards still need to be pulled in.
If you want to see Todoist tasks that have been previously pulled into Sunsama, click the menu button that says "Filter" and toggle on "Already imported".
If you want to hide Todoist tasks that have been previously pulled into Sunsama, click the menu button that says "Filter" and toggle off "Already imported".
- As you plan each day, pull in just the few Todoist tasks you actually want to work on. Don't try and pull in all of your Todoist tasks.
- If your Todoist tasks encapsulate a large portion of work, you can add subtasks to the Sunsama task and track your progress on the task across days. Learn more about dealing with multi-day tasks here.
Updated about 1 year ago